It’s time to play along with another fun weekly challenge over at StampTV! On Mix It Up Monday, Regina challenged everyone to distress a card and to include some sort of tag on it.
I started my card with the acrylic distress technique again using celery green craft paint by Making Memories, vintage photo distress ink and the D’vine Swirls embossing folder from Cuttlebug. Before going farther, I distressed the edges of this piece with my scissors and then highlighted this with vintage photo distress ink.
The stamp on the tag is from Theresa Momber’s Sending Sunshine stamp set. The Copic markers used were Y17 Golden Yellow, Y15 Cadmium Yellow, and Y13 Lemon Yellow for the flowers. On the stems and leaves I used YG03 Yellow Green and YG63 Pea Green.
After coloring in the flowers, I distressed the edges and ripped (to shorten it so it would fit on the card) the bottom of the tag and then used antique linen, tea dye, and vintage photo distress ink. Finally, I wrapped some twine around it and spent about 15 minutes trying to tie a stupid knot!! Sheeesh! There IS a reason I don’t have bows or knots anywhere near the majority of my cards!! LOL
This was a fun card to make, and I think it came out ok. Leave a comment and let me know what you think!