What could be better than a happy accident?!?!?!?!?! That’s what I got late last night while cutting some heavy cardstock to try the acrylic distress challenge below. As I mentioned a few posts ago, I am currently out of the StampTV heavy base weight cardstock in both white and ivory, so I had to improvise last night. I wanted to have a heavy cardstock since I was going to be working with paint, so I grabbed a piece of scrap silver paper. After running it through my Oriental weave cuttlebug embossing folder, it slipped out of my fingers and landed silver side up on the desk.
OH MY GOODNESS! It looked just like the old tin ceiling tiles of years gone by! It was so pretty I didn’t want to use the white side for the other project. LOL
This morning, I had to do something with this amazing silver “tile” so I created this cute little note card.
The flower is again from the Tattered Florals die by Tim Holtz and was inked with warn lipstick distress ink. The ribbon started out white but I added the same distress ink and a sprits or three of water and let it dry to give it a mottled look. When I use the card, I will either add a little label with a greeting, or not, depending on my mood at the moment. LOL
Thanks for taking a peek at my happy accident!