Here is my take on the splitcoaststampers sketch challenge this week. I started out with a piece of scrap paper that began its life as a manila file folder. Masking off an area, I sponged the bottom portion with Tea Dye Distress ink. The top portion was sponged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and a touch of Fired Brick to add a touch of red. The outer edge was run against the vintage photo pad to give it a bit of definition.
The horse image is from Inkadinado and stamped with black Memento ink. It was cut out using nestabilities large deckled rectangle. The outer edges were sponged with Vintage Photo, and then I ran the edge around the pad to give it a darker look. It wasn’t dark enough for me, so I also ran it over the Black Soot pad as well. To finish it off, I added a brown grosgrain ribbon and mounted it on a dark green card base.
Here is the sketch:
And here is my card:
The picture looks a little orange here, it looks a lot better in real life. 🙂