The first acrylic bookmark was so much fun; I had to make another one tonight.
This time I took my piece of acrylic from a Martha Stewart stamp set packaging. The acrylic measured approximately 7 ¼” x 3”. With the help of my Score-it board the piece is of acrylic is scored at about 3 ¾” so the front is a little longer than the back.
Next, I used the 2 ¼” x 3” Classic large oval nestabilities die to cut and emboss the cardstock. While it was still in the die, I added Antique Linen and a light touch of Tea Dye Distress ink.
Then, with the cardstock still in the die, using Memento’s Rich Cocoa ink, I stamped some script text with Hot Off the Press “Delicate Patterns” stamp.
The next step was to stamp the Martha Stewart butterfly with Jet Back Archival ink, and color it with Martha Stewart’s Tangerine dye ink pen. After cutting the butterfly out, I needed to touch up the edges a bit, so I used my black Le Plume marker around the outer edge.
This past weekend I purchased the new “Tattered Florals” Alterations die by Tim Holtz. I cut out two of the smallest flowers from some scrap paper that I’ve had lying around.
The center of the flower is just a piece of yellow paper cut out with a paper punch. Both the petals and the center were sponged with Antique Linen and a tad bit of Fired Brick Distress ink. Before gluing the petals together with a bit of Zig 2 Way Glue Pen, I scrunching the petals with my fingernails to give them some texture.
Again, I ran everything through my trusty Xyron sticker makers to adhere them to the acrylic bookmark.
These really are that much fun to make, and there may be a few more made before too long. I’m always open to comments, so let me know what you think, and as always, Thanks for stopping by!!